Sunday, November 2, 2008

Sizzix Bat Wings & Mummy Cans



Sizzix makes a die for bat wings? Kind of. I know Halloween is over, but if you are like me, each holiday goes by so fast that you didn't have time to do all the things you wanted to do. Just file those ideas away for next year and you're ahead of the game, right!

So, I had a cute Cha Cha treat container that Shayla gave at last year's seminar and I spooked it up with a TAC GWP stamp and altered the Sizzix Holly & Berries die cuts to make little wings. So fast & fun!




Mummy Cans
My kids and I had been collecting lots of tins this fall to use as treat cannisters. We wrapped them with white streamers, inked them up a little with Palette Cognac and added little googlie eyes. Inside the cans were our chocolate covered pretzels. Yum.






Our tags were made with black cardstock and some Miss Moxie paper. Who knew this pretty paper would work so well for Halloween? Stock up for your spooky scrapbooking and you can use the leftovers for spring! For more Miss Moxie ideas, see:
To see more fun things the kids and I did this fall, check out The303Grifffiths.blogspot.com. We'll have you collecting all your recyclables, like jars for Jack-O-Lantern Jars and milk jugs to make our spooky ghost faces!

3 comments:

BarbL said...

Hey Jewels!! Love You! Love your ideas! Save my ideas for next year, huh? Hmmm.... what about next year when I have a whole gaggle of NEW ideas? Will I ever get the saved ones done? Inquiring minds want to know...? Really, you are much more organized than you think you are!!!

Unknown said...

Adorable containers! You are so clever! And I agree with Barb, I have so many projects planned and the supplies to do them but, it just doesn't seem to happen! LOL! And this past weekend I purchased more stuff! Ack!! I may never see daylight!!
Thanks for the great inspiration!

Anna said...

How stinking cute! That's so creative to use the holly leaves for the bats!