Tuesday, March 11, 2008

Miss Moxie Die Cut Flower

I have had a daffodil Sizzix die hanging around here for the longest time and have not used it, save for one time when I took it out of the box just to try it out. I did get it during one the the 50% off sales, so I wasn't feeling too bad about it, but I finally put it to good use for this thinking of you card.
I used my new favorite sentiment set, Ordinary Greetings T2881 and my favorite Angel Company paper of the moment, Miss Moxie. Using patterned cardstock gives this flower even more depth and dimension. I also added just a touch of ink to the edges and curled the flower petals so that they come alive. I love how it came out!

PS- Were you wondering why I was quiet for a while? I needed a dose of SUNSHINE!

4 comments:

Angela K said...

I love this!! It just screams 'spring!" Thanks for shareing your wonderful creations!!

Fab said...

Me love very much ! I really like how you're scoring the edge of the mat behind the flower...I love that technique. This card is so fresh I can smell spring in the air !

Catherine said...

very pretty and love that you score the corners..love it!

Anonymous said...

Gorgeous spring card with such happy colors! We had daffodils in our backyard growing up, so I have a special affection for them.