Wednesday, January 9, 2008

More Asian Beauties from The Angel Company

*Edited to include recipe at end of post*
I got quite a few comments on the geisha from the mini composition journal I designed for the TAC catalog, so I thought I would share a couple other cards that used the same set: The Arts (from The Angel Company.) They are such elegant ladies and the set also includes five other Asian symbols and phrases. People have also commented on the cool little metal loops featured on some of my recent projects. They are hard to find, but TAC has them and they are only $3.50 for a package of 25. They are great paired with all of your paper crafts, but especially the Kamalaht Soar With It collection. (You can see pictures of these products that I mention in my posts, as well as order them by clicking on the links that I have attached to the product names, like the ones above.)

TAC is hosting a winter retreat this weekend in San Antonio. If you are an Angel who couldn't be there (like me) join me Thursday (1/10/08) through Sunday (1/13/08) on the Paper Wings Forum for an Online Escape! In addition to games and challenges, there will be awesome projects like the Manila Folder Book I'm presenting. I'll be online to answer questions and will offer a slideshow of step-by-step instructions. The whole weekend will be full of fun!

If you're not an Angel, stay tuned. I'll post pictures and instructions of my manila folder book soon!

*Mimi asked about my coloring medium. Here are more details on the cards:
Brown and Black CS with Kamalaht Paper
Colored with watercolor pencils, a Dove blender pen and ink (Palette Moulin Rouge and Versamagic Aspen Mist.)

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Julie, these are gorgeous! I love the use of Kamalaht with these images. The set is on my list for my next order. Can you tell me how you colored in the images of the ladies? Or were they paper-pieced?

Thanks!

Fab said...

Hi Julie, I've been ordering (collecting ? LOL) TAC stamps for nearly two years now. That set of Oriental ladies was in my first order. Your cards are stunning, with your coloring skills you bring the stamp to life ! Gorgeous work ! Fab X