Wednesday, August 20, 2008

CD Photo Cube Carnival

I was featured as a guest blogger on the Databazaar Blog, so I thought I would celebrate with a CD Cube showcase!


I've seen so many great variations on this project since I first posted it, so I thought I would share with you some of my favorites. The following gals did some really cute cubes:

Live, Laugh, Love with Lunar Lana
Le Scrap de Sylvie du Havre
Diane with ScRaPIt
Carol at Stampin Hot in Arizona
Bloggin with Bobbi
Bunny Cates


I also got some great tips:
Our Angel Beth Green made a pencil caddy for her hubby's desk and filled me in that a cardboard frap holder fits perfectly inside the cube. SWEET! How about making one of Stephany's Yummy Cocoa Kits and giving it with a photo cube for a fun holiday gift! My personal favorite way to decorate your holiday gifts is with The Angel Company's new Reece Soar With It Collection. {wink}


Some people are using their cubes to hold things, like tissue boxes, Bobbi's so-chic greenery centerpiece shown in the photo above and I loved RuthieB from SCS's idea of having holiday cards on display at Christmas time! Tonniece (see her link below) made her cube into a votive holder by using vellum inside her cube. Brilliant!


I also got a lot of questions about holding your cube all together, so I wanted to post one more instructional photo about adding adhesive to keep your cube sturdy. Whether you use a temporary tape solution or your good old glue gun, refer to this photo and to the original You Tube Video or John Wik's original Instructable for the details on making your own photo cube.


Have you crafted a cube? Use my Mr. Linky to show us your stuff! (If you're using a reader, click over to my blog to use this feature.) Be sure to leave your name and use the link for your particular post (permalink) so visitors will be sure to see your creation.
Crash course on Mr. Linky HERE



27 comments:

TiteC said...

Sorry !!
I entered my link by mistake... didn't find time to make my own CD case at the time...

xxx from France
Sophie

Unknown said...

ACK! Now I wish I would have redone my cube like I said I was going to do! LOL...

Thanks for featuring my cube, proves even a NEWBIE can do it!

Love your blog!
Thank you!!!

Unknown said...

WOW! Thanks for including my cube. I'm thrilled! Hugs!

Nancy said...

Just realized i typed my name wrong LOL! Thanks for the great idea!!!

Lois Michael said...

Thanks for the inspiration!

Melissa said...

I can't wait to try this!!!

Heather said...

uber cool project jewels! My team LOVED it and I hope I can make some more for gifts. Of course I sold all my CD cases since we made such a cool project with them so now I will have to order more!

Tonniece said...

I Julie

I tried your cube and I have just added the link to that post.(hope I did it right).
Thanks for shareing the tutorial, it was awesome.

Tonniece

Mary Jean said...

I love this cube! I made one for Mom and it was a HUGE hit! I've had a couple of friends who have made one since seeing mine! Thanks!

Andrea said...

These are great! I am going to make them at our women's ministry craft event in October! Thanks for sharing!!

Conniecrafter said...

Oh wow this is too cute, I will have to give this a try and give it to my daughter who just went away to college, thanks for the tutorial!

Anonymous said...

Thanks for including my cube
merciiiii
sylvie du havre

Anonymous said...

I love this project ! thanks for this tutorial, and thanks for including my cube !

Dianette Seda said...

I just did it and loved the experience of doing it! Love the thingy to leave your link at the bottom. Would like to be able to add that feature in some posts, can you send me the info in where to find it?

Anonymous said...

I loved your CD photo cube. I changed mine up a bit to have a different base. Thanks for the inspiration!

Tammy said...

Wow!
I love love love this idea.
Thanks for the great video instructions.
Thanks for sharing.
Tammy

Courtney said...

Oh wow! I didn't know you had done this! Mine is made very differently but I like the way you did it!

I don't know how to add my name... :)

Anonymous said...

I had a great time making this one! thanks for the awesome tutorial.

Nidia said...

I just love this idea, thank you for sharing.

Melanie Holzwarth said...

Just leaving my link! I love you blog, thanks for the awesome tutorial!

Anonymous said...

Jewels,

I can't tell you how much I love your photo cube idea, instructions, & video! I've already used the idea for gifts. Thanks for sharing!

Tracy

Valarie Lea said...

Now that is a cool idea!

K said...

What a fantastic idea! I have a box full of CD cases that I have been waiting for the "perfect project" to use. The project has been found (CD Cubes!), now I'm looking for the time.

Great idea. Thanks for sharing.
Kirsten

Anonymous said...

I just posted mine on my blog http://www.stampnscrap4fun.typepad.com

Thanks so much for the video, it took a while, but was a fun project.

Debbie

Diane said...

Thank you. I finished my cube instead of going to my grandsons soccer game. (He's only five and 1st year of soccer)He's got to learn grandma just has to craft sometime.LOL I posted pictures on my blog http//dkeyser.blogspot.com

Diane said...

Thank you. I finished my cube instead of going to my grandsons soccer game. (He's only five and 1st year of soccer)He's got to learn grandma just has to craft sometime.LOL I posted pictures on my blog http//dkeyser.blogspot.com

Jessie said...

Hi, I can't wait to make one of these! I was wondering if you could give me the name of the paper scoring tool you used? I'm new to paper crafting and I want to find one. Thank you so much! jessio22@yahoo.com