Tuesday, May 19, 2009

Easy Dahlia Flower Card with Tutorial

Do you have a ton of end of the year cards and gifts to give? Here's an idea:
Special Doesn't Have to Take Forever!
I made this easy dahlia flower with a circle and heart shaped punch. Check out the video here:
EZ Dahlia Card Tutorial

One of the things that makes this card easy is that it's Semi-Hand Stamped. If you hang out here, you've seen this idea before. Check out these past posts that start simple but have added sparkle:

Pre-Printed with a Personal Touch
Keep an eye out for notecards on clearance and make them more personal with hand stamping or added embellishment:
Cards As Gifts
Quick Card Keeper

Inkjet Printable Notecards
Invites or Thank You's for a Baby Shower
Notecards for a Teacher

Dressed-Up Gift Bags
Boo Bags
Fall Floral Bags

10 comments:

Barb said...

Love those frugal finds, don't you, Julie!? I love how you've dressed these up and really made it personalized!

Cynthia said...

I always follow your blog. You have such wonderful ideas and I love how you can create Semi-Homemade crafts.

Cynthiaf:)

Donna said...

I've been following your blog for a couple months now and I'm always impressed with the ideas you come up with. Thanks for the inspiration. Your crads and projects are just adorable!

Heather said...

This is such an adorable design! Makes me wish I had a heart punch!

Jen Carter said...

What a great tutorial!! Thanks for putting that together. The Dahlia is so cool!

Bridgett Owens said...

Oh my goodness...I am so excited about this post! I love it! I do own the very same heart shaped punch you have! Yay! I love those punches and use them over and over and over. I love the idea of making the Dahlia flowers with them. The monogram cards that have initials on them that I would normally pass over will now get a second look as I remember this semi-homemade way to make a fun card. Love it all!!! Thanks for sharing!
Hugs,
Bridgett

Chelsea said...

I love how you used those note cards .... great idea! I love how you used the edge design stamp! So creative!

Martha said...

The Dahlia is beautiful, made one myself and mentioned your tutorial at my blog if that's oké?
Bye,
Martha

Diana said...

This card is amazing!! I love your tutorial! Isn't it great to transform something? I love it!! Thanks for your entry on my challenge!! I really love it!

Love,
Diana

Queenie Jeannie said...

I made up a BUNCH of dahlia flowers after watching your video, but didn't use them for cards until the other day. (I'm slow, lol!) I posted one of the cards on my blog yesterday!

Thanks for the inspiration!!