Wednesday, June 11, 2008

Take Time for You One Sheet Box


My friend had her baby! His name is Lucas and I can't wait to bring them some little goodies. I made them a freezer dinner and the little notecards I posted last week. I also have a gift for the baby and a little something to remind Tiff to take some time for herself. She is such a giving person. She deserves a little time to light some candles, soak her feet and relax!

If a couple of these projects look familiar, I showed a sneak peek of them from my spring stamp camp. (I still have some of this Mulberry Meadow [discontinued and out of stock] paper if you need some.) The basic instructions for the one sheet box are here. To make this larger size, you use a 12x12 sheet and score it on one side at 4" and 8", then on the other side at 4.5" and 7.5". I also made this little topper from a 2"x4" piece of cardstock. I cut a scalloped edge with scissors and scored it at 1" and 1.5". Of course, the Scor-Pal is very handy for this. (If you've never checked out Scor-Pal.com, they have tips and sample projects in there online magazine. Be on the lookout for the June/July issue. I'll have a project tutorial there.)

4 comments:

Nessie said...

How beautiful your creations are. And what a nice thought to give a gift not just for the baby but to your friend as well. I am sure that she will appreciate that very much
You seem to be a very kind, thoughtful and caring friend.

Dianette Seda said...

This is a beautiful set for the new mom! Thanks for sharing!

Barb said...

love this! i have some bath stuff that i've been wanting to package... thanks for the inspiration!

Mrs. Nancy G said...

She is going to love your gift. I love you gift!

:-)