Tuesday, December 11, 2007

Advent Calendar

Well, as you all know, I get the best ideas from Heather's Oz-Some Blog. Here's my version of her mini muffin tin Advent Calendar. My kids get a long holiday break, so we've been doing activities from our calendar since December 6th. Here's part of our list and if you'd like to see some photos of our holiday festivities, go here:
Take a bubble bath and make Santa beards
Make Holiday Tags with office supply labels
Decorate a Gingerbread House Kit
Watch a holiday movie together.
Read Santa Mouse then play “Santa Mouse Hunt” together.
Set up the Nativity Scene together & read the nativity story.
Make cinnamon applesauce ornaments and set out to dry.
Decorate cinnamon applesauce ornaments with glitter.
Update:
The bubble bath Santa beards and cinnamon ornaments were huge hits!  Happy Holidays!




4 comments:

Eva said...

Great calendar Julie! Awesone idea to use the tin!

Diana said...

Julie!! Glad to know you a lil bit more!! Love your family! and your creativity! I was missing you!

Hope that everyhting is fine, I hurt my foot and was with a cast for a month but finally it was removed last Wednesday!! ON Monday I met with Jackie here in Puerto Rico!!

Hope to see you soon!

Love,
Diana

Anonymous said...

That turned out so OZ-some! I love it with the Amelia Paper and 2 tins instead of one. I am going to get my calendars up and out tomorrow - since I just got home and am ready for Christmas season to start now!

Heather

Heather said...

That turned out so OZ-some! I love it with the Amelia Paper and 2 tins instead of one. I am going to get my calendars up and out tomorrow - since I just got home and am ready for Christmas season to start now!

Heather