Monday, March 29, 2010

Easy Holiday Party Favor: Tea / Cocoa Treat





Easter can be a little brisk in Colorado, so when I choose a festive drink, I'm usually thinking of something warm!
Orange Spice Tea is perfect! It's warm, the color is cheerful and you can make up some mixes to give as gifts or little favors. These are little thank you treats for the volunteers that help me with my neighborhood egg hunt.








The supplies are easy to find at your craft or party store.
You'll need:
Plastic portion cups with lids
Tulle rounds (usually in the wedding section)
Ribbon
Paper Cups

The thing I like best about this project is, you can change it for any holiday. My friend makes homemade peppermint cocoa, which would be great for Christmas or Valentine's Day. This orange spice tea would be great when fall rolls around and is popular at Christmas as well!



I added a thank you note to my treats and even put a small chocolate in the bottom, just for fun. Just think of all the tea and warm wishes type phrases you could add for all kinds of occasions. I think this would great even for a get well warm up. (Below I'll attach my document for the round labels I added to the lid. You need a 1 3/4" punch or circle cutter, or you can adjust the scale of the print out to change the size.)

Enjoy and leave me a comment if you try this treat and what occasion you used it for. I'd love to hear your ideas!



4 comments:

AmethystCat said...

what a super cute idea, Julie! Hope you have a great Easter!

Barb said...

Such a fun favor! Great idea, Julie :)

Sarah G. said...

What a fun idea! Thanks for sharing!!

Anonymous said...

Can I come and help? what a great idea! rita w