Monday, September 28, 2009

Halloween Card and Treat Bag

This was a card design for our church card ministry and I decided to do a treat bag design as well. (That gave me a little more room to add spooky elements, like the spider and paper-pieced pumpkin.) I punched black paper with that Creative Memories punch that does the buckles and little squares. I cut away a section of the grid that comes out of the punch and the great thing is, the more crooked you cut, the cuter the windows are!

I love this palette for Halloween. If you are looking for spooky treat ideas, you've got to check out my friend Barb. She's concocting very creepy crafts in her Craft Cave!

We craft every month on the first Thursday from 7-9 pm and the following Friday from 1-3 pm at Joy Lutheran Church. There are always great seasonal ideas and it's fun and FREE!

14 comments:

- - Sheryl - - said...

hi Jewels, How did you make the windows? Which CM punch did you use?

what a cute idea!

Chelsea said...

This is such a cute cute project! Thanks for sharing!

Bridgett Owens said...

SpookTACular! I love it! Always inspiring...I love coming here! Thanks for sharing!
Hugs,
Bridgett

BarbL said...

LOVE your project Julie! 'Course, I ALWAYS love your projects! What pattern did you use for the house? It's just TOO cute!

Anonymous said...

So very, very cute! rita w

KellyRae said...

The halloweenie houses are so CUTE! Love the idea of decorating a gift bag in that way. And you are sooo right, Miss Moxie is the perfect halloween paper.

Conniecrafter said...

very cute, fun and creative!

Julie Robinson said...

oh - how COOL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! WOW - Julie! You are amazing! (as always!)

- - Sheryl - - said...

thank you for showing me how you did the windows. That's one punch I do not have - LOL and I have a lot!

Unknown said...

How clever but then, you can visualize the unique so well! Thanks for showing the punch and how you made the windows! These projects are just so cool!

AmethystCat said...

super duper cute! love the paper at the window and ghost at the door!

sari hänninen said...

U b'came an immediate favourite of mine!
I love your work!
Thanx 4 spreading your halloween thingies...

Barb said...

These are both just adorable! Love how the ghostie greets you at the door ;)

MaryNSC said...

I just LOVE it and I got that PUNCH too YIPIEEE