Monday, July 20, 2009

Wall-E Winged Pop Up Card

This cutie reminds me of Wall-E the robot and features a set from The Angel Company called Robots. It was inspired by a Miss Moxie card kit I got from Trudy Osborn and another winged pop up card made by KellyRae Cooper.

We made this card at my Crafternoon Catalogue Tour and last weekend at the Mile High Angels Summer Celebration. There are some really cute new TAC stamps, so grab a set and try this fun card. It would be great a variety of images.

Basic Measurements and Folds
Center Pop Up Piece: 3x11, scored at 5 1/2"
Base: 4 1/4 x 9", scored along the 9" side at 1/2, 2, 4 1/2, 7, and 8 1/2"
Winged Piece: 3 3/4 x 6, scored along the 6" side at 1 1/2 and 4 1/2

Assembly
  1. Mountain fold all pieces.
  2. Adhere the 3x11 piece together, forming a 3 x 5 1/2 piece of double thickness.
  3. Cut an 1/8" slit along the center fold of the base piece.
  4. Slide the pop-up piece through it and fold the 1/2" tabs up and adhere together, sandwiching the pop-up piece between them.
  5. Slide up the center pop-up piece and adhere the "wings"
  6. Decorate as desired and use the new We R Memory Keepers Corner Chomper to round the edges. You can go through several layers at once!

Have fun and post a link in the comments to a picture of your creations!

9 comments:

Card~I~ology Creations said...

Awesome! I love this you did a great job. I need to add this to my to do list..

Trudy Osborn said...

This card came out so cool! LOVE it. Wish I could have been at your Summer Celebration. It looked like a lot of fun.

Barb said...

Very cute, Julie!

Bridgett Owens said...

I love this!!! What a great birthday card. My kids would love it for sure but I think it's great for all ages!
Hugs,
Bridgett

KellyRae said...

Julie, love your winged pop-up card. Miss Moxie is a favorite paper of mine and those robots are just too darn cute. (And I'm absolutely tickled that you liked my winged pop-up card...THANKS!)

AmethystCat said...

super cute! love that stamp set!

Anonymous said...

Awesome! Thanks for the tutorial, too! rita w

Annette said...

AWESOME! I love it Julie, you are amazing and so uber creative. This card rocks!

Queenie Jeannie said...

Love, love, love this pop up card! It's because of YOU that I got this stamp set and I'm so glad I did!! You rock!