I love to make mini books! They are great mementos and decorations too. Here are the details so you can make one for your mantel too!
5 3”x8” Amelia Paper (V-838)
10 3”x1 Amelia Cardstock (B-317)
3 2”x3.5” Amelia Cardstock
1 Lg. Tag, 2 Med. Tags & 2 Sm. Tags from Amelia
5 4” pieces of Amelia Ribbon (B-217)
Palette Burnt Umber (TT-218)
- Score 3”x8” pieces at 4 7/8”. Fold in half with pattern out. Adhere a 1”x3” piece to the “top” edge of each folded piece where the white will be showing.
- Round the top corners of each piece (where the 1x3 cs was adhered).
- Score 4 of the 5 remaining 1x3 pieces in the middle (at ½”) and fold in half. (Use the fifth as an embellishment later.)
- Lay out the “pages” of the book so that they will alternate facing up and down. Lay out the scored 1x3 pieces so that they will alternate between valley folds and mountain folds. If you want to make sure a certain pattern appears at the front of the book, figure that out now.
- Begin assembly by applying adhesive to the inside edges of one page and sandwiching one hinge in one side. Move on to the next page, applying glue to the inside edges and adding hinges alternately with the mountain or valley fold facing up to make an accordion.
- Use the three 2x3.5 cards to make tags to slip in pockets. Round corners, add tabs and ribbons and embellish as desired.
- Stamp tags and pages with desired sayings.